SWITCH FAQs & Tips
In this article, I will try to summarize all the Frequently Asked Questions in the SWITCH 642-813 Exam. Hope it will save you some time searching through the Internet and asking your friends & teachers.
1. Please tell me how many questions in the real SWITCH exam, and how much time to answer them?
There are 45 questions, including 3 lab-sims. You have 120 minutes to answer them but if your native language is not English, Cisco allows you a 30-minute exam time extension.
2. How much does the SWITCH 300-115 cost? And how many points I need to pass the exam?
This exam costs $300. You need at least 790/1000 points to pass this exam.
3. I passed the SWITCH exam, will I get a certificate for it?
No, Cisco does not ship SWITCH Exam certificate, it only ships you a certificate after completing the full CCNP track of 3 exams (ROUTE, SWITCH & TSHOOT).
4. Which sims will I see in the SWITCH exam?
5. How many points will I get for one sim?
Maybe you will get about 80 to 100 points for each sim, just like the CCNA exam.
6. In the real exam, I clicked “Next” after choosing the answer, can I go back for reviewing?
No, you can’t go back so you can’t re-check your answers after clicking the “Next” button.
7. I understand I will get CCNP certificate after completing 3 exams ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT but can I take them in any order I like?
Yes, you can take these 3 exams in any order you like but the most popular “roadmap” is ROUTE then SWITCH and TSHOOT.
8. What are your recommended materials for SWITCH exam?
There are many options you can choose, but below are materials used and recommended by many candidates:
- CCNP SWITCH 300-115 Official Certification Guide
- CCNP SWITCH Portable Command Guide
- SWITCH 300-115 Student Guide (Volume 1 & 2)
- SWITCH 300-115 Quick Reference
- CCNP SWITCH 300-115 CBT Nuggets
- SWITCH 300-115 Cisco Video Mentor
9. Why don’t I see any questions and answers on certprepare.com? I only see the explanation…
Because of copyrighted issues, we had to remove all the questions and answers. You can download a PDF file to see the questions at this link http://www.certprepare.com/switch-questions-and-answers