SWITCH FAQs & Tips
In this article, I will try to summarize all the Frequently Asked Questions in the SWITCH 642-813 Exam. Hope it will save you some time searching through the Internet and asking your friends & teachers.
1. Please tell me how many questions in the real SWITCH exam, and how much time to answer them?
There are 45 questions, including 3 lab-sims. You have 120 minutes to answer them but if your native language is not English, Cisco allows you a 30-minute exam time extension.
2. How much does the SWITCH 300-115 cost? And how many points I need to pass the exam?
This exam costs $250. You need at least 790/1000 points to pass this exam.
3. I passed the SWITCH exam, will I get a certificate for it?
No, Cisco does not ship SWITCH Exam certificate, it only ships you a certificate after completing the full CCNP track of 3 exams (ROUTE, SWITCH & TSHOOT).
4. Which sims will I see in the SWITCH exam?
5. How many points will I get for one sim?
Maybe you will get about 80 to 100 points for each sim, just like the CCNA exam.
6. In the real exam, I clicked “Next” after choosing the answer, can I go back for reviewing?
No, you can’t go back so you can’t re-check your answers after clicking the “Next” button.
7. I understand I will get CCNP certificate after completing 3 exams ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT but can I take them in any order I like?
Yes, you can take these 3 exams in any order you like but the most popular “roadmap” is ROUTE then SWITCH and TSHOOT.
8. What are your recommended materials for SWITCH 642-813?
There are many options you can choose, but below are materials used and recommended by many candidates:
- CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide
- CCNP SWITCH Portable Command Guide
- SWITCH 642-813 Student Guide (Volume 1 & 2)
- SWITCH 642-813 Quick Reference
- CCNP SWITCH 642-813 CBT Nuggets
- SWITCH 642-813 Cisco Video Mentor
9. Why don’t I see any questions and answers on certprepare.com? I only see the explanation…
Because of copyrighted issues, we had to remove all the questions and answers. You can download a PDF file to see the questions at this link http://www.certprepare.com/switch-questions-and-answers